Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Write It Down Before You Go Home

I enjoy those days when I'm working side by side with the development team, and the bugs get fixed in minutes. I like having a dashboard of test results so I can see the progress as the checkins are made and our feature gets closer and closer to done.

Usually this is before we've "officially" turned the code over to the qa team. While defects are certainly getting fixed, entering bug reports in the bug tracking would just slow us down. But. Even in this ideal situation, one thing I've learned from experience is that I should not trust my memory when the day is done. The bug I'm working on at the end of the day, the one I've just figured out how to reproduce and we don't yet have a fix for -- take a few minutes and write it down in the bug tracking system.



No comments:

Post a Comment